Serve up some "Bad Things" fortune cookies at your party. Be creative - come up with some really bad things for your guests to find inside. Make them blush, make them scream, do whatever you like! It's your party ;) Here are a couple of examples:
You will be chained in the basement of Fangtasia and forced to have sex with Eric Northman for 6 hours straight!
You will be kidnapped by a mentally insane vampire named Franklin.
You will puke on Alcide right before you're about to have sex with him.
Type them out on your computer and print them out. Cut the individual "bad things" out.
Now you are ready to make your fortune cookies.
Makes 80-ish cookies
12 egg whites
3 cups sugar
2 cups butter, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons orange extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1. To make the stencils cut 6 3-inch in diameter holes in the manilla folders and tape up any cuts that lead out from the edge (you don't want the flaps getting in the way).
2. Preheat oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet with a silpat (parchment paper can be used but it's a serious hassle). Have fortunes ready to go and close by.
3. In a large mixing bowl whip the egg whites and sugar on high speed until frothy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add in the butter, extracts, water, and flour; one at a time and mixing well after each.
4. Using an offset spatula spread a thin layer of batter over the stencils laid out over the silpat lined baking sheets. Remove the stencil and you'll have 6 perfect circles of dough! (A note, it took us a few tries to find the right thickness. Play around with your first batch and see what works.)
5. Bake for 6 minutes. Do not overbake. They should be pale in the middle and brown around the edges. Quickly remove and one at a time place a fortune in the middle and fold in half then fold the ends together in a horseshoes shape. We found that folding it over the curve of a rolling pin helped immensely with this.
6. Place in the slots of a muffin tin to cool and assist the cookie in retaining its shape.
Dip rounded end in melted red chocolate melts and let drip slightly to look like blood. Place on wax paper and let set up. Store in air tight container with a lid and keep in a cool place. Do not refrigerate.