Since this season seems to be focusing a lot on the Authority we have been really excited about recreating an Authority room for our next party. Seems like old Roman is just itching to stake someone so we definitely must have Roman's stake on hand.
We found a great tutorial on how to make your own vampire stake that will look like Roman's here at
Also, we have been eyeing that gorgeous white coral bowl on the Authority's meeting table. Yes, this would be the one!
We knew we would have to have one and even though we found one online at http://www.littlepalmdesigngroup.com/eshop-details.php?pid=201&catid=5 for a cool $109 we knew we could make it a lot cheaper.
Take Fimo clay and make multiple long snake like rolls. Like this :
First you will need to lay down a circle of clay to cover the bottom of your upside down metal bowl.Then you will need to lay your Fimo clay rolls in curvy coral pattern over the bowl, intersecting pieces to give that coral look to your clay. Make sure to smoothly connect where your clay rolls intersect.
Trim away any excess clay around the top of your bowl. Bake in the oven at the temperature and time given on the Fimo clay's directions. When done let clay cool and carefully separate your coral bowl from your metal bowl.
Also we need some of Lafayette's Famous Gumbo minus the demon's special ingredient ~ Clorox!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 pound andouille or smoked sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 rotisserie chicken, boned and shredded
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, whisk in flour. Continue whisking until the roux has cooked to the color of chocolate milk, 8 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn the roux. If you see black specks in the mixture, start over.
- Stir onion, bell pepper, celery, and sausage into the roux; cook 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook another 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and Creole seasoning; blend thoroughly. Pour in the chicken broth and add the bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chicken, and simmer 1 hour more. Skim off any foam that floats to the top during the last hour.
“Before God created Adam and Eve, he created Lilith. Who, like God, was a vampire."
We are also working on an altered book tutorial to make the Vampyre Bible which we will share when we have it ready.